Photo Gallery (1)
Municipal offices / Town hall:
- Mayor of Chamois and municipal administration
- Registry office - Technical Office - Cadastre IMU TASI
- City Council - Data elections
Address city hall
Fraction Corgnolaz, 11
phone: +39 0166 47134
phone: +39 0166 47151
Email PEC: email@example.com
corporate website - http://www.comune.chamois.ao.it
Info ChamoisLocal language name:
Tsamoué in Aosta Valley patois
Useful information and travel guide:
|number Population||: 99 (01-01-2017 - Istat)|
|asl||: 1.816 mt.|
|Sq km area.||: 14,50|
|name of the inhabitants||: chamoisins|
|Tax code||: 81002610079|
|Postal Code||: 11020|
|Istat code||: 007016|
|Cadastral code||: B491|
City of Chamois (Valle d'Aosta - Italy)
Chamois is a totally mountain municipality of 99 inhabitants, located at 1.816 meters above sea level in the Aosta, Its territory covers an area of 14,50 sq. km.
Chamois it is a common scattered of the valtournenche, side valley of the Valle d'Aosta.
It includes almost the entire valley of the homonymous torrent and of the Saverou (or Soverou), tributaries of the Marmore stream, and plateau of the Rû de la Cleyva-Bella.
The peaks of the mountains included in its territory exceed the 2.500 meters, and the highest point of the municipality is Becca Trecare (3.033 m).
Chamois it borders to the north with the municipality of valtournenche, to the west with that of Antey-Saint-André, to the south with the de La Magdeleine and to the east with that of Ayas.
Monuments and places of interest
- La parish church dedicated to Saint Pantaleone. The parish festival is celebrated on the last Sunday of July
- Above the village of Corgnolaz, at 2000 meters, is the Lake of Lod, and the homonymous fraction (Lod), also reachable by chairlift.
- Altiport located in the hamlet of Suisse, the "first high-altitude of Italy" (as the sign says) consists of a grassy slope slope towards the valley floor, equipped with a windsock and a small wooden service building. It is open to small propeller planes and occasionally to helicopters of emergency services, in case of unavailability of the sports field located in the capital
- The sanctuary of San Domenico Savio, on the Col Clavalité, at 2535 m slm
One of the resources Chamois enjoys is tourism, especially in winter.
There are indeed some impianti di risalita which allow you to ski in winter on about 14 kilometers of slopes, and in summer to take many walks.
Except for the cableway and the cableway that reach the town, the lifts are
- Corgnolaz-Lago Lod two-seater chairlift
- Lake Lod-Teppa two-seater chairlift
- Falinère two-seater chairlift
Important and typical is the wood processing aimed at the realization of various objects, such as figurines and "sabot".
The only town in Italy on the mainland that can not be reached by car, but only on foot or by bike (via the Buisson mule track), off-road along the farm road from La Magdeleine, by cable car leaving from Buisson, or with small airplanes.
Because of this characteristic and for its particular attention to favoring a soft mobility tourism, it is included in the Alpine Pearls consortium.
Text taken from:
- Wikipedia (Creative Commons)
some ideas for staying in Chamois
some accommodation and tourist facilities ... in evidence
Visit Chamois ... what to do ... what to see ... events
›Useful info Municipality Chamois› How to get there ›CAP City› Information offices and tourist reception ›Meteo province› book now your stay in Valle d'Aosta ›guided tours› art and culture routes Chamois ›churches› horse riding go horse riding ›hotel Chamois ›apartments rental› castles ›museums› amusement parks ›trekking routes› tourist guide ›technical office› TASI 2019 Chamois ›IMU 2019 rate› tribute office ›monuments and historical sites› where to eat restaurant ›Chamois camper area› spas and wellness › points of interest Matterhorn ›stay in Chamois holiday houses and apartments› public competitions ›Excursions› events re-enactment traditional festivals festivals ›guided tours