Ischia (Campania - Italy)
Tourist area Isola d'Ischia
Ischia is a coastal municipality of 20.010 inhabitants, located at 2 meters above sea level Metropolitan City of Naples, Its territory covers an area of 8,10 sq. km.
Ischia is a town in the metropolitan city of Naples, located on the island of Ischia in Campania, belonging to the group of the Flegree islands.
Ischia is the municipality with the largest population of the island, with numerous hotels in each category and an intense tourist movement.
He owns one mall, which extends between Via Roma and Corso Vittoria Colonna.
There is no lack of entertainment and several tourist attractions: just think, among other things, about the so-called "right bank"(The right bank of the port) with nightclubs, piano-bars, discos, folk taverns, wine bars, typical restaurants, shops with local crafts and boutiques.
Monuments and places of interest
- Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta
- Church of Santa Maria Portosalvo
- Church of San Pietro or Santa Maria delle Grazie
- Church and the convent of Sant'Antonio
- Collegiate of the Holy Spirit
- Church of Saint Anne
- Church of San Domenico
- Church of the Annunciation
- Church of San Ciro
- Votive shrine dedicated to the Virgin of the Terzito
- Aragonese Castle
- Thermal Balneo-Thermal Establishment
- Antoniana Library
- Tower of Guevara or Tower of Saint Anne (or Michelangelo)
- Fountain of Restituta of Bulgarian
- Port of Ischia
Parties and events
- Ischia Film Festival
- International Stock Exchange and Cineturismo
- Feast of St. Anne on the Rocks Sea
- Ischia International Journalism Award
- Parade of the historical costume of Sant'Alessandro
- Expo Ischia Fair of Mediterranean Europe
- September on the Sagrato
Text taken from:
- Wikipedia (Creative Commons)