Begun in the 1487, consecrated in the 1490, enlarged in the 1534, it was completely redone between the 1609 and the 1634. During the reconstruction the curved part of the apse (now behind the high altar) was preserved with the fresco of the Assumption of the Virgin (1560).
The facade, limited by two pilasters in green local stone, is crowned by a high pediment with cornice brackets, including an arched window flanked by two trapezoidal areas in which they are painted Angel and The Annunciation (seventeenth century). The center of the tympanum bears the stone cross and the other two supporting obelisks of the same material; under the gable opens a mullioned window (with stone framing and balustrade), which is one of the most significant elements of the facade. The portal has an arched cornice that reads the date of the 1639. The current tower was begun in 1645, then finished in 1705. It has large windows with three lights that recall those placed on the facade of the sanctuary.
Inside you can admire: a nave decorated with a representation of the Assumption in Heaven of the Virgin (1921-22); a stack for the holy water in Carrara marble (1806). On the counterfeits there are two paintings of the '700. In the left chapel the decoration frames the canvas representing the Immaculate and Saints (18th century). It follows the organ of the '700 with the carved and carved case by P. Scalvini (1706-1708) and then by GB De Piaz. It has a very rough parapet and full of exuberant but well-fused friezes framing low-relief panels.
In the second chapel there are: a canvas depicting the Virgin with St. Anthony of Padua and St. Philip Neri (1644); a carved wooden pulpit. Beyond the presbytery is the monumental altona (15 m) in carved wood (1673). This is closed, like the side chapels, by a large wrought iron gate. On either side of the altar there are two carved walnut counters (17th century). In the chapel on the right there is a wooden altarpiece which houses the statue of the Madonna seated with the Child (XVI century). The choir follows.
In the first chapel decorated in stucco there is a painting of The Marriage of the Virgin. In the sacristy are preserved: a painting of the Holy Family of Marcello Venusti (XVI century), a pupil of Michelangelo, portraits, a prie-dieu, a confessional and a carved walnut cabinet (seventeenth century).
Tourist Office of Grosotto