Perfectly aligned with the entrance of the Villa Torello, it already existed in the 1547, as the seat of the Confraternity of the Immaculate Conception, to whom the church was dedicated.
In the construction of the "Nuova Gualtieri" at the beginning of the seventeenth century, the church was rebuilt by the engineer. Cow, help dell'Aleotti.
Compared to the alignment of the facades along the way, that of the Immaculate is the only one that falls into a small parvis.
The perfect axiality with Villa Torello shows a visual relationship between the two buildings and the orthogonality of the axes, forming an intersection, relates the same with the urban structure founded on the square.
It was also called "Casa dello Scolaro", in relation to the building on the right that housed the schools run by the Confraternity.
The oratory consists of a single rectangular hall, while the apse was added to the 1634.
The nave is covered by a wooden slat floor finely painted in rococo style.
At the center of a sumptuous decoration around a bold architectural breakthrough, surrounded by mistiline balustrades and Ionic columns, opens a sky that welcomes the Assumption of the Virgin supported by angels.
The current internal aspect of the church probably comes from the work done in 1791 with the expansion of the side chapels.
The Italian text is taken from:
- brochure "Welcome to Gualtieri"
by the Municipality of Gualtieri